The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill Receive EarthWISE Certification
The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill is the first hotel and restaurant in Salem and Marion County to be EarthWISE certified. The certification through Marion County’s EarthWISE program recognizes The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill for their commitment to environmentally friendly practices.
Green practices include:
- Use of 100% recycled paper for all printed material
- Utilize Earth friendly cleaning solutions and drainage system
- Supports local economy by purchasing products and food from local suppliers.
- Operates on Energy Star appliances
- Sleeping room towel and linen program that allows guest to re-use their bedding and towels.
- Sleeping room and public area recycling
- Replacement of all lighting in guest rooms with cool white compact fluorescent lighting
- Composting throughout entire facility
- Participates with “Clean the World,” recycling all used soap products from guest rooms.
- Extensive recycling of all plastic material.
- Purchase Wind power to offset energy cost